FRIED RICE (ONE POT METHOD)
2 tsp White maggi
- Soak the Rice with warm water.
- Give the Onion a ring slice.
- Add Olive oil to the pot and leave it for a minute on high heat, then add onions. Let it fry till translucent.
- Add all the seasonings; Curry powder, Maggi cubes, White maggi and Salt to the Olive oil and stir.
- Rinse the Rice throughly (rinse till the water is clear). I drained the water.
- Add the Rice to the pot and sir everything together (basically fry the Rice).
- Add Water, Bay leaves and Scotch bonnet and stir.
- Cover the pot with foil and the pot lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes on low heat.
- While the Rice is cooking, soak the frozen mixed vegetable in hot water.
- After 20 minutes, stir the rice and taste for the Rice texture (if water is needed, add a little). Add prawns and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetable to the pot and stir throughly. Cook for 5 minutes or less (you don't want your vegetable to change colour).
YOUR FRIED RICE IS READY!This can be served with chicken, plantain and supermalt
CLICK THE LINK TO WATCH FRIED RICE TUTORIAL